We foster a work environment that challenges and empowers employees, promotes learning, teamwork, and innovation, and recognizes achievement. Employees aspire to a high-performance culture that is focused on results and represents the combination of collaboration and clear direction with scope for autonomy.
We need great people, creative ideas, and effective management of our resources. We require committed individuals who can exercise leadership at all levels in the organization.
Current Career Opportunities
Practice Lead, Community Engagement
(14 month contract)
Engineers Canada invites applications for the contract position of Practice Lead, Community Engagement. The Practice Lead, Community Engagement promotes sustainability of the profession through program development and delivery, network, partnership and relationship building, and community engagement campaigns. In addition, the Practice Lead develops a strong volunteer base, which is integral to the success of the Community Engagement mandate.
- Leads the strategic planning, development and management of engagement, outreach and diversity programs, campaigns, initiatives and resources and is an internal consultant with a priority focus on equity issues in the engineering profession and youth engagement in STEM.
- One of Engineers Canada’s representatives at key external partner events locally, regionally and nationally.
- Leads the advancement of and national collaborations related to the advancement of the national diversity and outreach strategy.
- Works collaboratively with key internal and external stakeholders to create and nurture strategic, long-term partnerships and alliances with business and industry, non-profit associations, jurisdictions, agencies and community groups and others.
- Provides staff leadership and support to the Equitable Participation in Engineering Committee, 30 by 30 officials network, and national network of regulator staff with National Engineering Month responsibilities.
- Responds to requests for information and provides guidance to other staff, stakeholders and the general public.
Education: University degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Five years of experience in program development and management in outreach or community engagement within a professional association.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Well-developed relationship management skills.
- Highly collaborative with effective oral and written communication skills and the ability to influence outcomes.
- Proficient in the use of project management principles, practices and tools with a track record of delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications and search engines.
- Experience working with the wide diversity of cultures within staff, volunteers and the community in general with a proven ability to establish alliances and build credibility internally and externally.
Language: Proficiency in English is required; proficiency in French is desirable.
Please submit your resume and a covering letter to email@example.com no later than December 15th, 2017.
To recruitment agencies: Engineers Canada is not responsible for fees related to unsolicited resumes received from recruitment agencies.